Monday 14 February 2011

Valentine Who?

So, it is Valentine's Day today. For some people it is a big hoopla, for others not so much. For some people it is a huge celebration of love, for others it is just a heart-rendering reminder of maybe not being (or at the very least feeling) particularly loved. From another point of view, it is all just a big commercial cash cow that really and truly has very little to do with most (if any) conceptions of what love is.

So where am I heading with all of this then? Well, I will keep my love to my loved ones, bring gifts when I feel like it, and send sympathetic thoughts to all of you out there who quite involuntarily do not have a Valentine (and not just today then). I would like to dedicate this clip I just found to all of you:

No comments:

Post a Comment